Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar Noms for 2013!!

Wow, that really snuck up on me! So, here are the nominations (I'll just post the most important):


  • Best Picture
    • Amour
    • Argo
    • Beasts of the Southern Wild
    • Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
    • Django Unchained
    • Les Miserables
    • Life of Pi
    • Lincoln
    • Silver Linings Playbook
    • Zero Dark Thirty
  • Best Actor
    • Bradley Cooper, “Silver Linings Playbook”
    • Daniel Day-Lewis, “Lincoln”
    • Denzel Washington, “Flight”
    • Hugh Jackman, “Les Miserables”
    • Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
  • Best Actress
    • Emmanuelle Riva, “Amour”
    • Jennifer Lawrence, “Silver Linings Playbook”
    • Jessica Chastain, “Zero Dark Thirty”
    • Naomi Watts, “The Impossible”
    • Quvenzhane Wallis, “Beasts of the Southern Wild”
  • Best Supporting Actress
    • Amy Adams, “The Master”
    • Anne Hathaway, “Les Miserables”
    • Sally Field, “Lincoln”
    • Helen Hunt, “The Sessions”
    • Jacki Weaver, “Silver Linings Playbook”
  • Best Supporting Actor
    • Alan Arkin, “Argo”
    • Christoph Waltz, “Django Unchained”
    • Philip Seymour Hoffman, “The Master”
    • Robert De Niro, “Silver Linings Playbook”
    • Tommy Lee Jones, “Lincoln”
  • Best Director
    • David O. Russell, “Silver Linings Playbook”
    • Behn Zeitlin, "Beast of the Southern Wild"
    • Michael Haneke, “Amour”
    • Paul Thomas Anderson, “The Master”
    • Steven Spielberg, “Lincoln”
  • Best Animated Feature
    • “Brave”
    • “Frankenweenie”
    • “ParaNorman”
    • “The Pirates! Band of Misfits"
    • “Wreck-It Ralph”
  • Best Costume Design
    • “Anna Karenina”
    • “Les Miserables”
    • “Lincoln”
    • “Mirror Mirror”
    • "Snow White and the Huntsman"
I'll admit that out of all of these, Les Mis is the only one I've seen. Still, I'm surprised by some of these noms. "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?" "Silver Linings Playbook?" "Amour?" I've not even heard of the latter! The other two looked meh at best. Silver Linings seemed like a place holder for Cooper and Lawrence while waiting for the next action flick and Hunger Games. I suppose I'll have to watch all those noms now...

But lets talk about what surprises me the most: Snow White and the Huntsman. How!? Why!? Ugh. I know it's only Costume Design, but still! Everything about that movie was awful. Ok, there was one scene that was fairly awesome (Theron crawling out of a pool of black goo. Wicked.), but everything else was just... eww. I even had issues with the costumes. It always bothered me that little ole Snow White was in a dress one minute, rips her skirt and she's suddenly in leather pants. There was little to no logic in that film, even when it came to costumes. I feel it's safe to say that this category belongs to Anna Karenina.

As for who I think these awards should go to, I don't really have a preference in most of the categories, however, I'm so rooting for Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman! Hathaway was absolutely stirring and Jackman was a singing ball of emotional Wolverine-ness. His Awesomeness should just win all the awards and be done with it.

Just for fun:






No comments:

Post a Comment